Early voting gets underway in Bay County. Here's what to know
Voters in Bay County can cast a primary ballot at any local polling site over the next 11 days.
Early voting begins Wednesday and runs through Saturday, Aug. 20. Primary Election Day is Tuesday, Aug. 23. Voters may cast a ballot at any of the county's eight polling sites between 10 a.m. and 6 p.m.
Here are the county's early voting sites:
- Frank Brown Park Community Center at 16200 Panama City Beach Pkwy.
- Lyndell Conference Center at 423 Lyndell Ln. in Panama City Beach
- Frank Nelson Building at 4201 W. 22nd St. in Panama City
- Lynn Haven Senior Center at 905 Pennsylvania Ave. in Lynn Haven
- Palo Alto Church of Christ at 3119 N. Hwy 231 in Panama City
- Parker Community Center at 935 W. Park St. in Panama City
- Glenwood Community Center at 722 E. 9th Ct. in Panama City
- Supervisor of Elections Office at 830 W. 11th St. in Panama City
All voters, regardless of party, have choices on their primary ballots. For instance, the Republican Party primary for House District 6, is open to all voters and will determine who represents the county in the statehouse. That race is known as a "universal primary" because the only candidates running are from the same party.