Interviews Underway For Two Vacancies On 2nd Judicial Circuit
The 2nd Circuit Court Judicial Nominating Commission is interviewing 14 candidates Thursday to fill vacancies created by the resignations of circuit judges James Hankinson and Martin Fitzpatrick. Hankinson is retiring, and Fitzpatrick was appointed as a U.S. Magistrate Judge for the Northern District of Florida.
The 2nd Judicial Circuit is made up of Leon, Jefferson, Wakulla, Gadsden, Liberty and Franklin counties.
The list of recommended candidates is due to Gov. Ron DeSantis by Friday, April 3rd. The commission can submit up to 6 nominees per vacancy.
The interviews are being conducted via video conference.
- Georgia Cappleman – Prosecutor in the 2nd Judicial Circuit
- Eddie D. Evans - General Counsel, 2nd Judicial Circuit State Attorney’s Office
- Anna “Dina” F. Foster - Family law attorney with Pennington law firm in Tallahassee; former North Carolina district judge
- Lisa Barclay Fountain - Civil litigator with Sniffen & Spellman law firm in Tallahassee
- Jon S. Fuchs - Prosecutor in the 2nd Judicial Circuit
- Cedell “Ian” Garland - Office of the Florida Attorney General
- Jason L. Jones - General Counsel, Florida Department of Law Enforcement
- Joseph P. Jones - Banking and financial services litigator with Berger Singerman law firm in Tallahassee
- Jill B. Kowalski - City Attorney's Office, City of Tallahassee
- Alexis Lambert – Attorney, The Florida Lottery
- Anthony B. Miller – County Judge, 2nd Judicial Circuit
- Amanda P. Wall – Administrative Magistrate - Leon County Courthouse, 2nd Judicial Circuit
- Suzanne H. Van Wyk – Administrative Law Judge, Florida Division of Administrative Hearings
- Joshua D. Zelman – Criminal defense attorney with Zelman law firm in Tallahassee
The members of the Judicial Nominating Commission include: Hayden R. Dempsey - Chair, Matthew J. Carson - Vice Chair, Kristina R. Osterhaus, Darrick D. McGhee, Brian Newman, Dan Russell, Erik Matthew Figlio, Robert Neil Clarke, Jr, and Stuart F. Williams.
News Service of Florida contributed to this report.