Feeding Kids: Big Bend, Bay County School Districts Issue Food Distribution Lists
Big Bend School Districts have issued their food distribution sites and times for March 23-30th. Below is a list of locations for Leon, Franklin, Gadsden, Wakulla, Jefferson, Bay, Calhoun, Gulf and Liberty Counties. This list will be updated as more information becomes available.
Lunch and Breakfast delivery will begin on Monday, March 23rd. Delivery starts at approximately 9:30am and will end at 11:00am.
- Buses will deliver to bus stops, parents may also pick up curbside at Wakulla High School Student Drop-off beginning at 9:30am and ending at 11:00am.
- If for some reason we miss your stop, call our Transportation office at 850 926-7550 and meals will be delivered to your 911 address on Monday only. We will share with you at that time your established bus stop.
- For information on estimated times of delivery go to the Wakulla County Schools web page (https://www.wakullaschooldistrict.org/)where the routes are posted.
- On Mondays and Wednesdays, students will receive two breakfasts and two lunches. On Fridays they will receive one breakfast and one lunch all packaged one bag.
- each student must be present at the bus stop or at curbside pickup in order to receive the meal.
Staring on Monday, we will provide supplemental food to our students 18 and under at 14 schools from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Sites: Apalachee, Chaires, Fort Braden, Hartsfield, WT Moore, Oakridge Elementary, Pineview Riley Rudiger Sabal Palm, Springwood, Woodville, Fairview, Nims
The FCS 2020 Summer Food Service Program along with our community partners and schools will begin breakfast and lunch service, Tuesday, March 24, 2020 and continue until this Emergency Closure ends.
Meals will be offered for pick-up only at multiple site locations throughout Franklin County, and are at NO COST to all children age 18 and under. For a list of sites near you dial 2-1-1 and a representative will assist you. You can also visit https://summerbreakspot.freshfromflorida.com/ for a location near you.
Meals will be offered each day between the hours of 10:00 AM – 12:30 PM. A breakfast and lunch meal can be picked up at the same time.
The Nest Carrabelle
1001 Gray Ave.
Franklin County School
1250 Hwy 98
Eastpoint UMC Youth & Children Center
317 Patton Drive
85 School Road
Apalachicola Bay Charter
98 12th Street
Apalachicola City Project Impact
1 Shark Blvd
49 W Pine Ave
St George Island, FL
Camp Gordon Johnston Museum
1873 Hwy 98 W
2348 Hwy 98
The school district will begin distributing food and school work packets to students Monday. Food will be going out daily to students along bus routes. Bus routes begin at 10 a.m.
Jefferson Somerset will be serving meals between 10:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. for school-aged children.
No meals will be provided during spring break, March 23 - 30.
Beginning March 31st, pick up sites include W. R. Tolar K-8 and Hosford Elementary and Junior High 11 a.m. - 1 p.m. on Tuesdays. Parents must drive through to receive meals from their cars.
Lunches are being served at Port St. Joe Elementary School and Wewahitchka Elementary School 11:30 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Monday - Friday. Bus drivers will also deliver meals along established routes five hours after students' normal pick-up times. This is in effect through April 15.
Breakfast 8 - 9 a.m.
Lunch 11 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Dinner 3 - 5 p.m.
- AC Mosley High School
- Cedar Grove Elementary School
- Jinks Middle School
- Breakfast Point Academy
- Northside Elementary school
- H Beach Elementary School
- Lucille Moore Elementary School
- Lynn Haven Elementary School
- Parker Elementary School
- Patronis Elementary School
- Southport Elementary School
- Tommy Smith Elementary School
- Tyndall Elementary School
- Waller Elementary School
Starting March 30th through April 15th, students and parents can pick up to-go meals at the following locations:
- St. Mary’s Missionary Baptist Church 10:30 – 11 a.m.
- Ochessee Park 11:30 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- Hugh Creek Library 11:30 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- Kinard Library 11:30 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- Carr School 11:30 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- Mossy Pond Library 10:30 – 11 a.m.
- Shelton 11:30 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- Altha School 11:30 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- Scott’s Ferry Fire Department 12 – 12:30 p.m.
- Blountstown High School 11:30 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- Blountstown Elementary (Site 2) 11:30 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- New sites added:
- Apache Rd. & Hwy 274 10 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
- Mossy Pond Library 10:45 a.m. - 11:15 a.m.
- Shelton's Library 11:30 a.m. - 12 p.m.