Florida and Georgia 8th graders have two days left to enter AAA's travel contest to Europe
Florida and Georgia 8th graders have until Friday, Sept. 23, to enter AAA Auto Club’s “Discovery Crew” travel contest. 60 winners will go on a free week-long educational river cruise in Europe.
“This is a once in a lifetime opportunity for many students,” says Debbie Haas, Vice President of Travel for AAA. “We’re looking for children who really want to make the most of this trip, who are curious about the opportunities of travel, who are open to new experiences and are looking to really appreciate culture and getting to know people who are different than themselves.”
To enter, students must answer three essay questions and submit a travel-inspired selfie. They do not have to be an auto club member to win. Winners will be notified beginning in October.
“To date, 75 Florida students have entered the contest,” Haas says. “That means qualified candidates who enter still have a very good chance of winning.”
Students can enter by clicking here.
The Prize Includes:
- Round trip flights to Amsterdam, travel insurance and money for passports.
- A week-long educational river cruise from March 12-19, 2023.
- Each student and their chaperone will fly to Amsterdam, where they will board the AmaWaterways’ AmaLucia ship.
- Each winner will share a private cabin with their parent/guardian.
- The ship will sail from Amsterdam through the Netherlands and Belgium, before returning to Amsterdam.
To be eligible, students must:
- Be at least 13 years old at the start of the contest.
- Be entering the 8th grade and in good standing.
- Reside in Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Iowa, Michigan, Nebraska, North Carolina, North Dakota, South Carolina, Tennessee, Wisconsin, or select areas of Illinois, Indiana, or Minnesota. Visit AAA.com/DiscoveryCrew to confirm eligibility.
- Be willing to be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 at the time of the cruise.