WFSU News is seeking a fun, talented, driven part-time producer/editor. Is this you? Check it out!
Job Description: Part-Time Producer/Editor
WFSU Public Media has an exciting opportunity available in broadcast, digital, and video news production. We’re looking for someone who has an ear for great stories, isn’t afraid to ask tough questions, is curious about the world around them, and is committed to pushing the envelope when it comes to reporting. This position is perfect for undergraduate or grad students and recent grads.
The ideal candidate will be active in all phases of the story production process, from ideation to production. Along the way, they’ll help with research, copy editing, and audio/digital and video production. There are also opportunities to pitch and report their own stories. A large part of this role will contribute to the development of the station’s first, major podcast focused on the resegregation of local institutions.
WFSU Public Media boasts a 60-year tradition of producing award-winning reporters and programs. Our recognitions include Emmy’s, national Murrow awards, and a coveted Sigma Delta Chi award. Former WFSU employees can be found across the media system—from NPR to Vox, the Washington Post, Telemundo, and other public media stations across the U.S. Ask any of our folks and they’ll tell you where, and how they got their start!
- Assist in booking guests for our weekly, 1-hr. talk show
- Copy-edit scripts
- Research story ideas/sources
- Report, write, edit, and produce stories for broadcast and digital as needed
- Aid in the development of podcasts
- Aid in the production of podcasts
- Assist with the distribution of information across our multiple social media platforms—design and cater content to the specific medium.
- A great attitude, sense of humor, and passion for storytelling
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and pressure
- Experience in audio/digital and video production
- Experience in writing and copy editing
- Experience producing long-form, narrative journalism in broadcast and digital
- Ability to adapt the material to fit a variety of platforms—social and digital.
- Preferred majors: Communications, English, Editing Writing and Media, Journalism, Marketing and Advertising, Filmmaking
- Part-time, 20-30 hours per week, up to $15/hr.
Please send a resume, cover letter/letter of interest, and three links to work samples to Lynn Hatter, News Director at LHatter@fsu.edu Deadline: October 18th, 11:59 p.m. Subject Line: OPS Producer